We are quickly approaching the first anniversary of the judicial murder of Terri Schindler Schiavo. Advocates familiar with the case watched the unfolding scenario horrified that a human being could be devalued to the point that society would watch her being punished to death, tried like a vicious criminal on national and worldwide TV. Who could believe that she would be forced to endure brutal treatment that our constitution protects even the most hardened evil criminals from experiencing. Neither rapist, nor murderer, she was no criminal at all and yet she was victimized by the Courts that should have protected her from the cruel intentions of her monster husband Michael Schiavo, who out of love he says, starved/dehydrated his wife on 3 separate occasions; forcing her to endure the most horrific treatment administered to any human being anywhere. Could this really happen here? Not only can this happen here in America, it does and is happening all the time all over our nation. Whereas the people here think that Terri was and is the only person to have been treated this way in our country, disability advocates know the real truth. Forced starvation, dehydration happens all the time everywhere in all of our hospitals.
A report by the Robert Powell center for Medical Ethics of the National Right to Life Committee, April 15, 2005, released just two weeks after the murder of Terri proves that starvation/dehydration is a regular form of “treatment” for those whose lives are considered not worth living. When asked, WILL YOUR ADVANCE DIRECTIVE BE FOLLOWED? The Report concludes that, "The public overwhelmingly believes patient and family choices for life-preserving measures should be respected, even when health care providers disapprove. However, health care providers are increasingly denying life-preserving measures in contravention of patient and family directives choosing them. Their denial of care as 'futile' is often based on 'quality of life' rather than physiological grounds and that most state laws fail to protect patients and families who want food, fluids, or life support when health care providers deny it." Do you see why it is of vital importance that people with disabilities absolutely take a very vocal stand now on this issue while we still can. We are at war with a very powerful enemy and most of you don't even know that your life orsomeone’s you know is at risk. I will tell you about some very important issues which you will need to educate yourself about in order to best protect yourself and your families.
1) Please learn about the dangers of using vaccines as a preventative measure against the Flu or childhood inoculations. These are nothing more than poison cocktails. It is much better to have your immune system tested by illness and disease so that of its own accord it can strengthen your immunity. The mercury preservative Thimerosol found in most vaccines is now linked to the drastic rise of Autistic Spectrum Disorders in Children as well as Dementia and Alzheimers in Adults. People who routinely receive inoculations are the greatest at risk for all kinds of cancers and illnesses. Bioethicists are currently trying to establish new precedent for the approved starvation/dehydration of people in this category of need even though they are not dependent on feeding tubes for food and hydration. For parents with kids who have autistic spectrum disorders such as ADD/ADHD, etc; there is a treatment called chelation therapy that can help your children. Generation Rescue a group foundedd by parents of autistic children have successfully implemented the chelation therapy to cause a beneficial affect on their children. The chelation therapy treats your child for heavy metal mercurial poisoning and can be remedied by using a uninvasive skin lotion which draws the poisons out through the skin. Children having received the therapy are seeing singificant improvement. A federal judge has just ruled that Asperger's syndrome is a disability when in truth it is nothing more than mercury poisoning. Please read the following article I wrote for more information.
2) According to a recently released poll by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press.- Three in 10 people, 29 percent, now say they have a living will. That's more than twice the number, 12 percent, who said in 1990 that they had put into writing how they wish to be treated medically if they are incapable of communicating. While there is a rise in the number of people who have living wills, living wills do nothing to protect the wishes of people and in fact was and is a document promoted by euthanasia and right to die groups. A Living Will is generally described as a signed, witnessed declaration instructing a physician to withhold or withdraw medical treatment from its signer if he or she is in a terminal condition and is unable to make decisions about medical treatment. A Living Will takes rights and control from its signer and gives decision-making authority to a physician. It also gives a physician complete immunity from civil or criminal liability for his or her action or inactions. A better option for really preserving your right and authority to choose is a "Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care" or a document called 'The Will to Live.' Either of these documents will protect you where the 'living will' leaves you at risk. In the Durable Power of Attorney, one can delegate to a trusted friend or family member the power to become your agent for any health care decisions you are unable to make. Also as built in protection the PMDD limits your agent's authority in one very specific way - It makes it clear that your agent does not have the authority to approve the direct and intentional ending of your life. Your agent may not authorize in any way shape or form that you be given a lethal injection or an intentional lethal drug overdose. Your agent cannot authorize you be denied food or fluids for the purpose of causing your death by starvation or dehydration. This limitation not only protects you but also protects your agent from being subjected to pressure to authorize such actions or omissions. The Will To Live safeguards your life when you cannot speak for yourself as your "health care agent", names backup agents if your first choice can't serve, describes the treatment you do and do not want to guide your health care agent and physicians, protects your family and health care agent from pressure from health care providers and others by allowing them to prove what you really did want, and best of all relieves agonizing end of life decisions by making your wishes clear. For more info: go here.
3) If you are an organ donor like I once had been, you may want to read the article I wrote “On the Dangers of Being an Organ Donor.” Bioethicists and for profit health care have put all people at risk, but none more than people with disabilities. Organ donors in general do not receive quality end-of-life care because hospitals stand to make more off harvesting someone's donated organs than they would from saving organ donor's lives. It is of utmost importance for the American people to learn about what is happening in mainstream hospitals that not only embrace personhood theory but also covet the organs of their patients. Ron Panzer, advocate with the Hospice Patients Alliance wrote, "We sometimes (and increasingly) have newly injured patients being declared "brain dead" at the hospital without the appropriate tests ever being completed. We have hospital transplant teams being flown in ready to "harvest" organs from patients who have never been properly diagnosed, whose families are not always informed of all the treatment options, and we have doctors ready to "spin" the patient's condition into a "hopeless" category so the family agrees to "allow the patient's death to have some meaning" through organ donation, even though in cases where the family refuses to accept the "final determination of the all-knowing docs," the patient recovers! The glaring reality is that when the docs are wrong, dead wrong, the patient is killed by the harvesting of the organs, not because of the injuries sustained."
People with disabilities are increasingly targeted as the perfect pool of people to exploit for organ donation. As of February 2002, UNOS (United Network for Organ Sharing) had a waiting list for 79,523 major organs, while in the previous year the total number of transplanted organs was 22,953. The disparity between number of transplantable organs and the need for such organs has led transplant programs to seek to expand the sources of transplantable organs. Bioethicists working for profit policy boards are giving advice which is quickly moving American society further and further away from an ethic of universal human equality and the Hippocratic oath of Do No Harm. Motive for profit has lead to theories' which create divisions of us and them in an explicit hierarchy of bioethically determined human value. Wesley J. Smith who has been exposing this movement writes, "History teaches us that judging human worth based on subjective criteria -- race, sex, sexual orientation, tribe, religion, nationality or personhood -- invariably results in the oppression, exploitation or even killing of those deemed by the powerful to be less worthy of respect. And considering that many of the people denigrated by bioethics as nonpersons, not coincidentally, also happen to be the most expensive to care for in the age of the HMO when cost-cutting is king, bioethics presents an acute danger to the lives, health and well-being of millions of people who are elderly, disabled, newborn and cognitively or developmentally impaired. Since in the end this could include any one of us, we ignore the threat of bioethics at our own peril."
I leave you with this final quote on organ donation in hopes you investigate the issue more carefully, "There is no more egregious violation of patient rights than to be made dead, without any chance at all to receive care designed to bring about recovery, when recovery is realistically possible. How many inaccurate predictions are made by the doctors who are less eager to provide care and more eager to get healthy organs from the soon-to-be dead, victim of vulture-like organ transplant teams who swoop in and grab whatever they can, selling all the organs and usable body parts for many hundreds of thousands of dollars, even millions."- Ron Panzer. To learn more about this issue go here:
4) The issue of the Downing Street Memo and the war against terrorism. Estimates recently released show that the cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, have topped the 2 Trillion dollar mark. America is spending a million dollars a minute, a billion dollars a week to stay in wars we were lied into supporting. President Bush has borrowed more money than all other president’s combined. With the state of the budget the way it is, the trade deficit at record highs, and our national debt at all time high, America will continue disintegrating domestically. Bush Jr. has borrowed more money than all other President's combined, not to mention that his neo-con hawks are already planning subsequent wars with Syria and Iran. There is a direct correlation between the lack of government support in our country for those that need it the most and the flood of money leaving our country supporting what now is undeniably illegal wars of conquest benefiting corporations awarded multi-billion dollar no-bid contracts at the expense of both the Iraqi and American people. The Downing Street Minutes show clearly that Bush and Blair had decided for war before Colin Powell went to the UN and before Congress authorized a Declaration of War. It also proves that the American and British Intelligence would have to "fix the facts around the policy." For information on what you can do to help take back our country.
5) One other issue surrounding war which has a direct impact on people with disabilities has to do with our nation’s use of Depleted Uranium munitions. The use of these highly dangerous munitions places not only Iraqi’s in danger but our soldiers as well. If you know anyone in the military make sure they learn about depleted uranium as those soldiers whom have been exposed to DU are returning from war and having children with massive complications as a result of their exposure. Unless we place pressure on the pentagon to quit using DU munitions, the whole world will be at risk as DU can travel piggyback easily into every part of the world on the tradewinds which go all places. This stuff is so harmful that just 1 particle can lead to cancer in lung, bone, kidney, prostate, gut and brain. There has been a shape rise in birth defects in Iraq even from the use of DU in the first Gulf War. The massive use of DU and white phosphorous munitions in this Gulf War has exploded the rate of cancer and birth defects in Iraq. Wasn't one of the reasons for the US to go into Iraq because Saddam had used chemical weapons against the Kurds which we supplied to him in the first place. Now our country is over there bombarding Iraq with weapons of mass destruction way worse than anything he ever used. Following inhalation of DU it is transferred from the lung to other organs eventually making its way to the kidney where it induces nephritis, a chronic kidney disease. DU has a half-life of 4.5 billion years which means contamination will last until it is placed in a secure environment where it cannot harm living tissue or contaminate soil or groundwater. Many returning soldiers contaminated with DU are giving birth to children with with extreme complications and disabilities. "Sixty-seven percent of babies born to the 400,000 vets who suffer from Gulf War Syndrome have birth defects,” said Joyce Riley, a former nurse who flew in Iraq and the founder and spokesperson of the American Gulf War Veterans Association. But the Department of Defense and Veterans Affairs do not want America to know the number of sick, dead and deformed kids that vets are having. It’s another cover-up... “A lot of the babies are being born with organs out of place—kidneys in the wrong place, hearts out of the body,” Riley told AFP. “The most [common birth defect] is failure to thrive, where they could not keep weight on and just didn’t make it.”
People with disabilities are increasingly being put at risk by the Bush administrations focus on funding the 'war on terror' and the development of a 'police state' in America. "While the Pentagon budget is soaring, the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, warns that President Bush is proposing to make cuts in hundreds of domestic programs. This includes education programs, environmental protection programs, numerous programs to assist low-income families, children, and elderly and disabled people, and research related to cancer, heart disease, and other medical conditions. In one case, the Center estimates 420,000 low-income seniors will lose food assistance from the Commodity Supplemental Food Program."
These are just some of the most important issues affecting all Americans but especially people with disabilities. For more information on any of these stories please go to the articles section at endeavorfreedom.org. To contact me concerning any issue email firstname.lastname@example.org